19 August 2013

Week in Review: What is that Annoying Noise?!



Gosh, what happened this past week? It's such a blur I don't even remember. Uhm...

We finished our #yegquesting - for those who don't recognize what that is, you can catch up here. We officially have twelve entries in to win the night for two at the Fairmont Hotel Macdonald. I really really REALLY want to win. Really. It would just be such an amazing first anniversary experience.

Speaking of which, we have something planned for the Labour Day weekend to celebrate our first year of being irrevocably bound to one another for all eternity. And when I say that, I actually mean that. We jumped over a broom together. It's totally irreversible now. Unless we jump back over it backwards... But that's never going to happen. Besides, I don't know where the broom is anyways.

Ahem.

We had a lot of fun finding the last of the #yegquest clues. We got gelato and then rode on the LRT (Light Rail Transit) across the river to the University on a beautiful evening, and meandered through the buildings until we found the one we were looking for. It was completely relaxing. And then there was the park that was really pretty but after 5 minutes of being there Matt and I both agreed we would never live in the neighbourhood. I was half expecting Bible salesmen to jump out of the bushes at us. We gawked at all the people dressed up for the Edmonton Fringe Festival, a 10-day affair devoted to live theatre, as we stole a quiet moment for a photo at one of the locations. And on the very last day, we visited an urban fishing pond (I know, right?) that is stocked with rainbow trout for Edmontonians to fish inside the city. Totally cool.

Fishing is pretty darn relaxing. If more people fished, we'd have a lot fewer douchebags. Just sayin.

I started writing again. Like fictional writing. It's something, anyways. I describe my current story to Matt as a "paranormal romance", meaning I'm so out of touch with my inner writer that I chose something dumb. However, I have also been looking back through my many stories I've started but never finished. There's a cool one about clones taking over a future society. There's the ever-popular vampire buddy comedy. And the epic that I started when I was 10 and has had so many rewrites that it makes my head spin... Well, it could use another re-write.

Hey, why does gluten-free cake take so much longer to bake? At least I didn't leave it out in the rain because I made up the recipe and will probably never have it again. Oh nooooooooooo.

Okay, I'm totally writing whatever comes to mind now. What's that called? Conscious writing? Or am I just vocalising my inner monologue? That. I think.

So there you go. My insane ramblings have no point on this Review Monday, so here's one I particularly like: You can't eat your cake and have it too. If you learn just one thing in your entire lifetime, then learn to say this colloquialism correctly.

Mmmmm. Cake.


0 comments:

Post a Comment