22 November 2013

Flat-Out Friday: 7 Things About This Week


If you haven't seen it, you're lucky. Facebook has a meme going around right now to get people to share little-known facts about themselves. I've gotten tagged to do it, so I am, but with a twist. Since it's been such an amazing week (I wrote 'amazing' as I rolled my eyes heavily), my list is:

7 Things About This Week

  1. It has been snowing since last Friday. I don't say this so you can pity Edmonton and its residents, but  rather so that you can understand: the average cummulative snowfall for November (the entire month) is 18 centimetres. This week alone it has snowed over 50 centimetres. That's nearly 2 feet of snow in a week, people. This is a thing.
  2. Matt went back to work last Thursday and Friday after being in Wainwright, and since one of the senior captains went on leave and left no instructions or delegations, Matt spent two days sorting out his own stuff as well as this completely different full-time job. Which wasn't a big deal at home except for the Blackberry going off all weekend and through into this week, because even though the other captain is back now no one is getting any direction from him still so they are continually asking Matt. No private time with my husband after he's been gone for months because ARMY? This is a thing.
  3. My new car Watson suffered injury when the block heater cord completely fell apart in my hands last week. Luckily, the temperatures this week only went down to -30C at night. I took him for an assessment so they could order a part, and then back again this week so they could fix him. That is an entire day of driving/being driven around the city because the dealership is in St. Albert and I refuse to be pregnant and waiting for hours in the waiting room at the garage. Add on the amazing traffic because of the continuous snow? This is a thing.
  4. Yesterday I was so happy for a day that I didn't have to leave the house because I was just done (slept til noon, crying, etc.) that I completely missed my appointment with my psychiatrist. When you're so overtired and depressed that you miss the appointment with the one person who can help you? That is a thing.
  5. Every single nice thing I can wear to cover my legs stopped fitting this week. I don't blame Sonic, but I mean really - hurray for yoga pants. Yep, that's a thing.
  6. My step-children's new step-father decided to send my husband insulting passive-aggressive text messages about how he was a bad father, and when Matt didn't kowtow and instead stood up for himself, said step-father told him he must be drunk and to go "sleep it off, tiger". On a Wednesday evening at 8pm. This is a rage-making thing.
  7. I actually feel good enough to post this list. And that, my friends, is probably the biggest thing of all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment